The database was presized to 25MB and shrunk afer each test so that data growth operations would not effect timings.
The test was simply running some existing code for 1 iteration.
It inserted 76015 rows across 15 separate tables.
- Data Size : 14656 KB
- Duration : 79s (962 rows/second)
- Data Size : 12224 KB (83.4%, saving of 16.6%)
- Duration : 82s (increase of 4%, 927 rows/second)
- Data Size : 8512 KB (58.1%, saving of 41.9%)
- Duration : 87s (increase of 10%, 873 rows/second)
This is purely to demonstrate the effects of compression.
The figures are only representative of the test system.
Further efficiency gains can be made with the import
- simplifying it
- making import processes run in parallel.
- placing it on a faster disk subsystem