Thursday, 3 November 2011

Management Studio Error : mscorlib.tlb could not be loaded

For testing purposes, I've got a VM with SQL 2000, 2005 & 2008 all as named instances. Yes I know it sucks performance wise but it is only for testing deployment scripts!

Anyway, after installing it and applying the various service packs, I got this error :

mscorlib.tlb could not be loaded

The 'Microsoft Fix it 50701' hotfix downloadble here did not work for me, but scroll down that page and you'll find instructions to modify the registry. It points Management Studio at the correct version of the .NET framework. These did work, the only problem being I'm reportedly going to have to do this each time I patch SQL :(

No comments: